How can we help?

How can we help?

Campus contract

What is a campus contract?

A campus contract is a lease agreement which applies to student housing. This contract states that you have to be a student in order to rent the apartment. At least once a year we check whether you are still enrolled at an educational institution. If you are no longer enrolled as a student you must terminate the tenancy agreement and move out within three months. Check OurDomain for rental housing for (young) professionals.

Which documents do I need for signing the campus contract?

For signing the lease agreement you will need the following documents:

  • Valid identification document
  • Proof of current enrolment from your educational institution

What is the duration of the campus contract?

The lease agreement is for the minimum duration of one year.

Is it possible to rent an apartment for just 6 months?

No. The lease agreement at OurCampus is for a minimum duration of 12 months. If you are looking for an apartment for a limited length of stay as from 3 months to maximum 12 months, please check out the short stay possibilities via our partner OurDomain.


Who can live at OurCampus?

To  sign a lease agreement for an apartment at OurCampus you need to be registered as a student (MBO/HBO/WO) or PHD at an educational institution (for a minimum of 19 hours a week). If you are not a student (anymore), please visit our partner OurDomain for rental apartments for (young) professionals.

What do you mean by proof of enrollment?

  • A declaration of enrollment from your educational institution
  • A student card of your educational institution for the current school year
  • A proof of registration at your educational institution

I am not studying in Amsterdam (anymore) but I am studying elsewhere in the Netherlands. Am I allowed to rent an apartment on OurCampus?

If you can prove you are a student at an educational institution in The Netherlands, you are allowed to stay at OurCampus.

I haven't received my proof of enrollment yet, what should I do?

Please contact your educational institution and ask for a (temporary) declaration of enrolment.

Use of the Apartment

Will I have my own mailbox?

Each resident at OurCampus has a private apartment and therefore a personal mail address and a mailbox. The mailboxes are located at the entrance of the apartment building.

Is there possibility for double tenancy at OurCampus?

In the apartments with a surface of less than 40m², occupation by more than one person is prohibited. Apartments with a floor area of 40m² or more are available for two person occupation. In this case the campus contract will be co-signed by 2 tenants.

Am I allowed to install my own dishwasher?

You are not allowed to install a dishwasher in your apartment.

What is a Campus Key?

Access at OurCampus is controlled via electronic locks. You will receive your personal Campus key tag which will give access to your apartment building, your personal apartment and bicycle shed and to resident's exclusive facilities such as study halls, launderette and lounge.

Am I allowed to smoke in my apartment?

In your own apartment you are allowed to smoke, but as a tenant you are liable for smoke damage, including the necessary painting and cleaning/replacement of curtains and carpets. In the amenity areas and buildings smoking is strictly prohibited.

Am I allowed to install my own washing machine?

It is prohibited to install a private washing machine in your apartment, but there is a modern launderette  available for residents at OurCampus.

Where can I park my car?

Excellent public transport options (train, metro, bus) are available at the station directly adjacent OurCampus. Amsterdam centre is at cycling distance.

Affordable rental cars are available onsite via Hely. Residents that still need a car are eligible for a parking subscription at our parking at approximately 200m distance from OurCampus (Wisselwerking 2-6, Diemen).

Visitors may park at the public blue zone near the Campus (free of charge with a blue parking disk, max 2h) or via Parkbee on the parking at the Wisselwerking 2-6 (via Parkmobile or Parklineapp).

It is not possible to apply for a parking permit at the municipality.


Do I need a guarantor?

No. You are personally responsible for settling your rent and service costs.

Do I need to pay a deposit?

When you sign your lease agreement, you will need to pay twice the base rent as a deposit apart from the application fee.

When do I get a settlement of my service costs?

Within 6 months after the end of the calendar year you will receive a statement of your service costs of the previous year.

Am I entitled to a housing benefit?

You may be eligible for housing benefit since OurCampus comprises only independent apartments. This also depends on your personal situation (age, income). For more information about housing benefit you can consult the Belastingdienst.

Like ø Vibe?